AIR 2014 took place in Copenhagen in November 2014 and was the fourth annual educational medical meeting dedicated to the research into, and treatment of, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. It was a valuable, influential and informative meeting with highly interactive elements.
Located in Switzerland, our client was the main sponsor for the event, with over 300 delegates in attendance. The delegates – from Europe, United States and Canada – were a mix of key opinion leaders and healthcare professionals (HCPs), with around 35 faculty members in attendance.
Ashfield Meetings & Events collaborated with sister company QXV (Ashfield Division’s healthcare communications organisation). This collaboration allowed the client to outsource their entire meeting planning needs to one organisation and team, whilst knowing they were 100% supported by specialists in all areas. The Ashfield Division has created a strong portfolio of complimentary organisations and our connections allow the single team feel to flow into events such as this without the client having to communicate with multiple organisations.
We provided our client with:
- Medical speaker sourcing, communications and handling
- Presentation slide management
- iPads, a support crew, and interactive session support
- Development and production of scientific and logistical printed materials
- Surveying, editing and development of patient cases
- Website registration and delegate management
- Liaison with client affiliates
- Flight bookings and all ground transfers
- Securing compliance with provision of personalised sponsorship agreements
- Individual HCP spend tracker
- Welcome desk, hostesses, on-site staff and on-site management
- Venue sourcing and management
- Supplier management
- Meeting rooms, AV and technical support
- Site inspections
- Organisation and facilitation of AIR dinner
- Budgets and final reconciliation
The successful collaboration between Ashfield Meetings & Events, QXV and InterMune led to the success of AIR 2014. Feedback from all attendees was excellent.
“AIR was great fun and went perfectly thanks to you and your colleagues. If it wasn’t for all the hard work I would gladly repeat it this weekend.”
“I thought it was an excellent meeting and it was wonderful to have the opportunity to network with so many likeminded colleagues”
“Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to present the patients’ perspective at AIR with my co-presenter from the European Lung Foundation. Congratulations on a fantastic meeting.”