A nurse-led programme increases diagnosis and improves patient management
116 reviews were conducted on records of more than 1,500 patients. The proportion of patients unscreened and at risk reduced by 75%
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH) is a common disorder that carries a lifelong risk of coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Early identification and effective management is critical to reduce the occurrence of CHD
- Our client wanted to improve awareness, education and early identification of FH
- Our Nurse Advisor worked with 47 practices to ensure patients would receive optimal management after assessment
- Their role was to audit patient records and assign a risk category to each patient, determining the appropriate pathway
- The programme included doctor assessments and patient reviews with the FH Nurse for education and discussion
- The Nurse Advisor Programme conducted 116 audits and reviewed 1,505 patients, of which 210 patients were invited for clinic visits, and 109 attended
- The prevalence of patients diagnosed with FH increased from one in 450 to one in 357. Following the programme, the proportion of patients at risk and unscreened reduced by 75% to 0.14%
- The Ashfield Nurse Advisor received 100% positive patient feedback
Approachability of Ashfield Nurse Advisor (Excellent)
Approachability of Ashfield Nurse Advisor (Very Good)
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research and training.