Nurse-led clinical reviews and education improves Type 2 diabetes outcomes
The review showed significantly improved clinical outcomes on four out of five diabetes markers
- Our client had no footprint in diabetes and wanted to add value to patients and differentiate in a crowded UK market
- The goal was to improve diabetes parameters by ensuring patients adhere more closely to current guidelines
- We delivered a nurse-led face-to-face education programme and clinical coaching for HCPs, followed by a patient audit
- We provided 23 nurses, 2 nurse managers and 3 Service Provision Executives to recruit practices in priority areas
- Patient reviews included a consultation and follow-up visit. Nurses made recommendations to GPs in line with NICE
- Ashfield nurses reviewed 30K patients in 5,000 GP practices - at each review, key diabetes parameters were recorded
- The review showed significantly improved clinical outcomes on four out of five markers, including glycated haemoglobin and low-density lipoprotein
- We are working in partnership with our client to publish the results in a scientific publication and in medical press, enhancing their reputation with their target audience
Practices that felt the service objectives were met
Practices who would recommend the service to others
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research, pharmacovigilance and training.