Ashfield Nurse and Healthcare Assistant team successfully overcomes major prescribing barrier
The requirement for a monthly blood test could have been a major prescribing barrier for our client. Ashfield helped overcome this by deploying a team of nurses and healthcare assistants (HCAs) to visit patients and take blood samples back to hospitals for analysis.
- Our client had a promising new product but the requirement for a monthly blood test could be a prescribing barrier
- The goal was to minimise time and effort for HCPs and remove additional workload for the NHS
- These patients may have limited mobility and can often be quite isolated so rapport building was key
- We built a team of nurses and HCAs to visit patients and take the blood samples back to hospitals for analysis
- Our nurses visit a patient’s home or workplace to take blood every two weeks for six months
- We provide a dedicated phone line for patients to arrange a call with a nurse the same day
- 403 referrals to the service and over 3,500 blood samples taken – with the rise in patient referrals, the need to increase the team size has been identified
- Patient feedback has been overwhelmingly positive – and zero complaints to date
- Seen initially as a blood collections transactional service, this has broadened into a patient support programme and has become a value add for our client’s brand
Patients contacted within 24hrs of referral
Samples hand delivered to lab on the same day
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research, pharmacovigilance and training.