Home infusion service improves the patient experience and provides significant savings for the NHS
In the first year, the infusion service created savings of £295,000 for the NHS through reduced medication acquisition costs.
- The NHS had an increasing number of directives and funding changes, and needed innovative ways to deliver efficiencies
- The average time for an infusion in an NHS trust is over 6 ½ hours, leading to poor patient experience and bottlenecks
- Our client wanted to increase the choice of locations, offer a home visit service and improve the patient experience
- Our team (16 nurses, 1 manager and a scheduler) arranged and undertook infusions at patients’ homes and 18 UK locations
- We collected data to review outcomes, assess adherence and ensure a positive patient experience
- Where possible, we ensured a 1:1 nurse to patient ratio
- A total of 1,406 infusions have taken place. In the first year, the infusion service created savings of £295,000 for the NHS through reduced medication acquisition costs
- For patients being infused at home, this equates to an annual saving of £2,583 per patient
- The programme also created increased infusion unit capacity, enabling the NHS to deliver an additional 741 infusions
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research and training.