Providing a home infusion service to support the NHS
Ashfield provides a service that supports the NHS to manage capacity and improve the patient experience
- Our client wanted to deliver and evaluate a pilot home infusion service for advanced melanoma patients
- If successful, the aim was to develop a full service accessible to all eligible patients receiving treatment on the NHS
- Our challenge was to provide a service supporting the NHS to manage demand, capacity and improve the patient experience
- We provided a pilot home infusion service utilising the experience of our established homecare team
- Patients received 4 home infusions as part of the evaluation, with an initial infusion administered in the hospital
- Data was collected by Ashfield nurses, evaluated by a third party provider and returned to our client for analysis
- 100% of doses planned to be administered at home were achieved, 100% of visits were completed according to the schedule and 95% of visits were completed within the appointment time
- Very high level of patient and hospital staff satisfaction, particularly with the convenience of the service
- The evaluation (and subsequent decision to continue the service) is ongoing
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research, pharmacovigilance and training.