An outsourced OTC sales force drives growth of mature brands
20% increase in market share for three mature brands versus when Ashfield started in 2014
- Our client wanted to strengthen their market position for a number of mature OTC (over the counter) brands
- A key brand has big competitors in the multi-symptom disease area ‘cough & cold’
- Driving growth in the pharmacy channel is personnel intensive – the Ashfield sales team was a new set up in 2014
- Changes to the territorial structure and sales rep profile in the first 2 years led to higher turnover than average
- We helped change strategy to an Ashfield-only team, and created an in-house sales team (contact centre)
- The in-house team is responsible for 4,000 pharmacies as well as supporting field reps sell-in into 11,000 pharmacies
- Staff turnover rate has stabilized at 7% and Ashfield established a new CRM for the field and in-house sales team
- We implemented a digital sales rep coaching tool and a digital training platform
- We manage field and in-house sales reps as one sell-in/sell-out team: 1 National Sales Manager, 1 Assistant, 45 field, 3 in-house reps, 5 Area Sales Managers and 2 Detailing Managers
- 100% coverage of target pharmacies. For the 'cough & cold' product, sales have increased and targets have been exceeded, year by year
- 20% increase in market share for three key brands versus when Ashfield started in 2014
Speak to us about how we can provide tailor made solutions for you.
Ashfield offers a wide range of world-class, market leading services that include medical sales teams, telesales, nurse educators, patient support programmes, medical communications, medical information, meetings and events, market research, pharmacovigilance and training.